From the back of the book:
What happens when...
...a broken robot throws figs?
...a smelly musk ox goes for a swim?
...a family of skunks moves into the shed?
...a bunch of snakes escape their cages?
Find out in "What Am I," a Level 2 collection of delightful short stories for beginning readers from the creators of All About Spelling. It contains 160 pages and ten fully-illustrated short stories.
This book is a part of the new All About Reading series.
I love this:
To the reader -
between these covers
you will find
silliness and facts
of every kind...
especially for you.
The stories are charming, the poems are silly fun and "What Am I?" is a fun reading game that will engage your child.
What I love about this book:
- Correlates 100% with All About Spelling Level 2 (steps 1-14)
- Non-glare paper
- Customized font and formatted text
- Line Breaks and Natural phrasing encourage the child to read a phrase at a time, instead of a word at a time
- Subtle Underlining helps children with tracking issues, but goes unnoticed by those who don’t need it
- Beautiful Illustrations help carry the story line, yet don’t enable the child to predict what the words are
- Natural Language and real story lines are a delight to children
- A mix of realistic and silly stories keep their interest
What I did not love about this book:
- I honestly did not like the Elf in the Alps story. It is so out of character from the rest of the book, which uses real characters that my child can relate to.
I am still very happy to have this book to use alongside our All About Spelling level 2. "What Am I?" will be available from AllAboutReading.com on April 1st for $19.95.
If you want to see more from this series, check out my review of Beehive Reader 1, which now has a new, more child friendly name - "Cobweb, the Cat."