This week: List things you do when you (and/or a family member) are sick.
Things we do when sick:
- Scan - to see what supplements and oils we need
- Rest - make a bed on the couch or living room floor, rest, sleep, read a book/watch a movie, stay home as much as possible
- Nourish - chicken soup, bone broth (avoid milk and dairy)
- Hydrate - hot toddy (hot water, apple cider vinegar, honey, lemon essential oil), ginger ale or peach juice from canned peaches when trouble keeping foods down
- Support - immune boosting oils and supplements
- Comfort - diffuser, tissues, blankets, pillows, stuffed animals, warm bath
- Clean - Wash light switches, handles and doorknobs
Supplements and oils we go for:
- Immune support - Thyme, Thieves, Clove, Longevity, Vitamin C, Elderberry syrup, Echinacea Tea
- Throat support - Thieves (dropped in the back of the throat or via the spray), Lemon and Purification rubbed externally
- Respiratory support - RC, Eucalyptus radiata, Peppermint, Pine (diffused, steam inhalation, or topically)
- Tummy support - Digize, Peppermint (internally or topically)
- Ear support - Melrose and Lavender (diluted 2:10 with carrier oil and dropped on cotton ball and placed in ear, then rubbed on external ear)
- Fever support - Peppermint on feet
- Sleep support - Lavender, Cedarwood, Orange
- Eye support - colloidal silver
My husband's list is short: sleep, oils, and leave him alone. He doesn't like to be pampered at all.
We used to get sick all the time and it would last for 3 weeks or longer as it made its way through family members. We now take oils and supplements, get plenty of sunshine/vitamin D, take fermented cod liver oil, and make healthy lifestyle choices, so if/when we do get sick our recovery is much quicker!