I really want to write about what we did for Biblical History this week and the amazing things we learned about the first week of history, the very first people that walked on this earth, and what happened to them, but that will be in another post. I could also write about our new science because we finished lesson 1 and 2 this week and learned some cool chemistry apparatus vocabulary and did a couple experiments.
Like these ones:
Looking for all those chemicals that we will be studying about in Chemistry.
Even though we usually only buy natural products, ours were still fun to check out. I think the Tom's of Maine toothpaste's ingredients was a hit ~ "You mean there is water in toothpaste!" (lol, I think that was Nathan by the way.) The goal of this experiment was to find chemicals in our everyday products. We avoid chemicals, but I should now say that we avoid synthetic chemicals (except for when I am desperate). God made chemicals after all. And, hey, water is a chemical substance ~ and it is in our toothpaste!
Using a little homeschool style chemistry apparatus ~ it's a beaker, can't you tell? Just a quick little measuring experiment for Chemistry.
This past week we plugged along in our regular studies (all the regular stuff I mentioned last week) and we had a good week for getting things done and I absolutely love being in the Word for the majority of our group time.
Also, I have decided that we will have group time after our workboxes are completed (boxes have time cards on them, so the workboxes are our schedule), but here is what I decided to do (just now).
- 1 day a week we will work on Prepare and Pray (starting again this week).
- 1-2 days a week we will work on Science (right now that is Christian Kids Explore Chemistry. I have Exploring Creation with Zoology 3: Land Animals of the 5th Day in my sidebar, but we put that on hold to try this book out).
- 1-3 days a week we will work on History (this week will take us more because of a special project).
- 1 day a week we will work on a Young Scholar's Guide to Composers (we finished two lessons this week ~ ancient music to music in the middle ages and music in the renaissance which led us to a study on the music of the bible revealed. But, I will share about that later [probably when I am ready to write my review on it]).
- 1-2 days we will work on Hebrew and ASL (with daily review)
- 1-2 days a week we will work on Nutrition 101 (almost forgot about that!)
The other subjects we do daily.
Coming up this week is The First Week of History, Creation for Little Ones, Q is for Quilt, Tot School and a review on the Workbox System.
Oh, and we get to add one more subject this week. I am really excited for this one, but I will share about that next week.
Have a great week!