After reviewing All About Spelling Level 1 and 2, I was thrilled to receive Beehive Reader 1 from All About Spelling.
From the back of the book,
…a busy cat lives in a windmill?
…a sleepy bear cub takes a nap ?
…a grumpy duck demands a snack?
…a singing bat befriends a lonely king?
… a curious boy shrinks from tall to small?
Find out in this charming 160 page reader.
Take a look inside this book to see more of the beautifully illustrated pages.
Price: $19.95This book is a part of the new All About Reading series. The first level of this new series will include decoding skills, fluency, comprehension, vocabulary and lots of reading practice, according to Marie Rippel, and by the end of 2010, there will be four more readers and a teacher's manual. In fact, she says the books are being illustrated right now!
What I love about this book:
- Correlates 100% with All About Spelling Level 1 and each story can be read after a certain level
- Non-glare paper
- Customized font and formatted text
- Line Breaks and Natural phrasing encourage the child to read a phrase at a time, instead of a word at a time
- Subtle Underlining helps children with tracking issues, but goes unnoticed by those who don't need it
- Beautiful Illustrations help carry the story line, yet don't enable the child to predict what the words are
- Natural Language and real story lines are a delight to children
- A mix of realistic and silly stories keep their interest
I really enjoyed reading through this book. I think this is a great book for the beginning reader. I am thrilled to have this in my library and look forward to hearing more about the All About Reading series ~ because we love to read and this is all about reading!
You can read other Crew mates reviews to see what they think or click on the banner below to visit the Crew Blog.