Some interesting facts we learned:
1. The word "automobile" means "moving by itself."
2. The earliest automobiles were driven by springs or by steam engines.
3. Karl Benz built the first gasoline powered engine.
4. Benz's car had a top speed of 14 mph!
5. The Model T was the first "affordable" car.
6. The first American car was called a "horseless carriage."
7. Early drivers faced many problems without paved roads. Often they would get stuck and a horse-drawn-carriage-passerby would shout, "Get a horse!" as they passed by!
Here is a funny joke from our lesson:
What do mechanics charge to change a flat tire?
I'll leave the answer in the comments, so as not to give it away!